12 October 2009

Art Issues

Not only do I have the ambition of writing a children's book, but I also have the audacity to want to illustrate it as well. I'm not a professional artist; it could be a problem for me. The bigger problem is that no other could illustrate it. Before I even thought of writing a story I drew the characters. They are as I have drawn them and can be no other way.

So I have two options: I can work on the illustrations myself and hope that the publisher will accept them, or I can not publish.

There is a third option I've considered. I could create a website for my characters and create my stories as a sort of webcomic or eliterature. But that would require becoming familiar with running a website (or deal with someone doing it for me) and all of the legalities ensuing. Plus I would be paranoid about copyright.

So for now I plan to get it ready to submit for publishing. Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment