19 October 2009

Stalled at the Start

I like the author Mem Fox. She wrote the book Koala Lou, a book I like very much. So I decided to (when my mother told me to) look at her website and see if she had any advice for people wanting to become an author. She does have a section of advice and general do's and don'ts.

The advice I first see: "if you’re still at school, or even under 23, think hard about doing something else for a while." Great. I fall under both of those categories. Skimming through more of her advice I next see: "unless you’re an art-school trained illustrator don’t even think about doing the pictures yourself." Double great. What I'm doing has just been kicked in the figurative stomach.

As disheartening as this is for me, I'm still going to try. What's the worst that can happen? My book is rejected and I just have to try again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment